Friday 25 February 2011

A simple love story.


“Imran… I’m sorry…but we have to end this here…” said Farzana with an false vigour in her tone.

“End this?? Farzana? Are you kidding me??”

“Yes…I have to do this…rather, I am doing this. I don’t want to hate you…and if we continue this relationship, I have to hate you Imran…I have to!! You hurt me!!”

“Farzana I’m ready to do everything you say. Everything. Ill change my ways Farzana!! I’ll never hurt you Fara…never!!”

Imran had broken down. He was howling over the phone, and his bed sheet was wet with his tears. He wasn’t able to comprehend what was happening to him; his life seemed to be pointless…and so,he tried his best to save himself from the immortal darkness his love, Farzana was pushing him into.

“How many times will you tell me all this?? I have been listening to all this since I don’t know when!!! Just leave!! And let me live my life in peace!!!!”

“Far--”

Beep…

She cut the call, and switched off her phone. She fell down, crying. She glared at herself in the mirror, and said, “I HATE YOU!!! Did you get that!! I hate you!!! Go away and let me live with my Imran!! Go away you b****!!! Imran!!! Come back….come back to me!!!!! Come back to me!! I’ll die without you… I’ll die!!!!” She slapped herself hard, she injured her arms with her nails, and hurt herself every probable way she could…She cried inconsolably, scorning the grave mistake she had done, just because her parents did not approve of her relationship with Imran, and had decided to get her married to a wealthy merchant.

After three full hours, she stopped crying…and shifted her glance from the mirror to a dupatta kept carefully on a shelf…the dupatta was a scarlet one, with silver lace borders. She went upto it, and felt it, closing her mesmerising eyes. She could literally envisage the scene, where Imran had come upto her with the dupatta in his hand, asking, “Is this yours?”
Ironically, these first three words of Imran were more than adequate to strike fire in the heart of Farzana, who at once knew that she had finally found her Mr. Perfect.

It was on the sanctified day of Idgah, that seventeen year old Imran and sixteen year old Farzana had met each other for the first time. Farzana’s safety pins had betrayed her, and her dupatta flew away, under the influence of the brawny wind at the Idgah fair. She at once started searching crazily for it, when according to her; ‘the most good-looking guy on the planet’ came to return it.  “Is this yours?” he asked, with a smiling face. Farzana couldn’t reply. She just kept on gazing at the striking eyes of Imran, as if she would love to gaze at them for a lifetime. As for Imran, all the noises in the fair had been drowned by the tinkling of the anklets of Farzana. They were ‘truly, madly, and deeply’ in love, and did not make a fuss about it. Farzana took the dupatta, saying, ‘Lillah’ and ran away, blushing. Their love story had begun, in the most magnificent way it could have.

Today, after seven long, and happy years of their relationship, Farzana, had broken up. She realised that had torn apart her existence, but at the same time, she knew that there was no other option for her. Continuing her relationship with Imran, would just risk the life of the one she loved the most.

“Why did I have to do all this…? Allah…forgive me Allah… punish me for the crime I have done to myself and Imran…punish me eternally in such a way that I suffer…and Imran? Give him everything he deserves……he deserves jannat, Allah…”

Farzana wanted to hug Imran right then…she wanted to cry out her pain to him…she wanted to be safe in his presence…she wanted to feel the warmth and the comfort she felt when she was with him…but she couldn’t, and she knew that well…she had intended to spend her entire life with him, and now that she had been denied her happiness, she chose to die without it.

 “Its better that I don’t get to see what I don’t want to see…I love him, and there isn’t any way I can stop loving him…so its better that I … Imran, I love you… I’ll die but I would not let go of you…even death cant separate us…”


The next dawn Farzana was found lifeless in her room. The bottle containing sleeping pills was vacant, and was kept on top of a note. It was addressed to
Imran Qureshi. It said, “Till death do us part…I love you……..”

6 comments:

  1. best story till now...beautiful! made me cry...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u...3 stories and the best yet?? check ur comments!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aneesha ... this was AWESOME .. I loved it , honestly , it was like any other love story , but still it wasnt , your powerful words and strong emotions made me really wonder on how simplest things can still be so beautiful ! I almost knoew the story , but still my heart ran fast as to what would be next . This was written with heart , I could see that , it is wonderful , amazing .. You are having a fan of your writings now .. I really loved it ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i lykd d ending of dis story a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ adreamygal : thank u sooo much... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'dupatta' part sounded funny, straight out of age-old movies, but the ending was provoking and creative.
    You've got the flair; just try and write out of the box; discover your own style. :)

    ReplyDelete